Monday, June 13, 2016

Time please slow down

Time is going by way to fast, maybe that is what we get for always waiting for Friday.  Emma is now able to buckle herself into her car seat (most of the time), dresses herself including combing her hair, gives herself a shower, and everyday I see less and less of my baby.  She is growing into a big girl who is very vocal about what she wants.

There are days and moments that she tests my last nerve, but the next moment she melts my heart.  She is the sweetest child who wants to pick up the trash in the road, wants to move worms out of the driveway so we don't hurt them, and then wants to know why the baby in the store is crying.  Those are moments that I wish I could make time stand still, to freeze the innocence in her eyes.  To be able to forever shield her from the hate and trauma of the world.

I guess that is the hardest part for me, as she gets older it is harder for me to protect her from the world.  I don't want her to know about people hating people, people hating animals, people hurting people, people hurting animals.  I am sure those will be teachable moments, but that does not make it easier for me to think about her experiencing.

Time please slow down and let my baby be my baby just a little bit longer. Let me shield her from the world for a little while longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment