Monday, January 11, 2016

Our Christmas

After the crazy year in our life Christmas was just what we needed. Since 2015 was so crazy with jobs and finances I wondered how Christmas would play out.

We went to have breakfast with Santa one morning and he was telling Emma how Santa represents the three wise men that went to visit Jesus. I had heard of parents telling their kids they could pick three gifts from Santa to represent the three wise men, but I hadn't given it much thought. This Santa continued to talk to her about Jesus and she told him that Christmas was Jesus's birthday. She then told him 3 things she wanted.

Later that same day we saw a different Santa and she also told that Santa the same 3 things that she wanted for Christmas. I realized this is a great way for her not only to realize what Christmas really is about but to also keep her from making a mile long list. She continued to tell people the same 3 three items that she wanted from Santa.

On December 23rd we made cupcakes for Jesus's birthday and talked more about his birthday leading up to Christmas. Santa brought her the 3 gifts that she asked for, and we had birthday cupcakes for Jesus.

I am so proud of her for not begging for each and every toy, and more importantly loves Jesus! I am so thankful for a churcg, family, friends, and teachers that not only love her but also point her to Jesus.

We had a wonderful Christmas and I loved learning how to make the focus of Christmas Jesus. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment