Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Goodbye 2013, Hello 2014

Looking back 2013 was a year full of wonderful memories, but now we have a wonderful new year to create even more memories.

Some of the highlights from 2013 in no particular order:

  • Emma turning 1 of course!
  • Emma starting to walk, talk, and watching her personality come out
  • reconnecting with my brother Tony, and watching him interact with Emma
  • great time at the beach 
  • great services at OBC
  • a friend and fellow infertile having her adorable son
  • watching Emma interact with everyone, and how seeing how much everyone loves her
  • Seeing Emma's face when she saw Christmas lights, trees, and Santa
  • hearing Emma say Love You (which just happened for the first time a couple of weeks ago)
  • watching Emma's first Christmas program at daycare
Of course there were things everyday that made my day, but I figure you don't want to read 365 things that I enjoyed.  I have a calendar that I have in Emma's room and every day/event I note something on her calendar.  Of course I miss some days, but I will do better this year.  Just in the last 2 weeks Emma has switched to a toddler bed, and today operation paci gone began.  

I can't imagine how much she will change this year, or how much she will change my life, but I will cherish every moment.  I think 2014 will be a blast full of memories, laughs, and one energetic little girl that steals my heart everyday.  I pray that 2014 will find us in good health, good spirits, and finding the joy in the little things everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment