Saturday, July 20, 2013

The tough decision to share this on Facebook

So several of you have asked why I have not shared this on facebook.  The answer - I don't know.  Maybe it is that I do not want to feel like I am asking for pity, maybe it is the fear of sharing something so personal, maybe I don't want to hurt other women who are dealing with infertility, maybe I just do not know.  I think it is a combination of all of the above.  I am not ashamed of my story, I am not afraid to share my story, but I am hesitant on sharing this on facebook.

However, I have decided that I will share it and see what happens.  Please do not look at this blog and think I am trying to hurt you if you are gong through infertility.  Instead I hope that you see this as hope for the future.  Our stories may be different but I have been where you are, and having the feelings that you have (or have had).  There are several of us who have been where you are, and we want to encourage you along your journey.  Stories are different, Dr visits are different, diagnosis are different; however, the hurt, pain, suffering, tears, and fears are the same.  Believe me I have been there, but I also knew that God had a plan for me.  Maybe it wasn't the plan that I had, but I had to trust Him and see what happened.  Steve and I did talk about, look into, and explore other options.  But in the end we received this wonderful gift from God.

So here it goes, I am shoring this on facebook and hope that you can gain something from my experience.  Feel free to ask me questions, or share your story on here as well.

So welcome to my world of Parenting After Infertility.  We live everyday Treasuring Our Blessing, and hope that you can find joy where ever you are in your journey.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you have decided to share! It makes me sad that you considered not sharing for fear of hurting someone like myself. I very much feel that while we all have different journeys and different outcome, we experience the same pain and emotions. You will be able to help other infertiles both those parenting after infertility and those who are not. Also this is your blog! If someone doesn't like what you post, they don't have to read it, but I don't feel like that will be a problem. I think you will be an inspiration and will help many people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jenni! It is so hard because I understand the days that you (or any woman dealing with infertility) does not want or need to hear about a child. I remember those feelings of how can she have a child when I can't, and I do not ever want to make someone feel that way. Last night as I was laying with Emma for bedtime she rolled over and put her face right up against mine. All I could do was lay there crying telling her how much I love her. I pray that you and other women who battle with infertility get to have that same conversation with your child!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm new to your blog! Thanks for sharing your story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann. You have no idea how much it means to me. I hope you enjoy my blog.

      Delete