Friday, January 9, 2015

Parenting Style

So today I was having lunch with a friend and we starting talking about parenting styles.  I will be the first to admit that I do things that shock other parents.  We often laugh because people comment on how relaxed I am with Em that they wonder how I would be with a second child.  Truth being told I do not think I would be any different.

These are the Top 5 the things that people seem most shocked by.

1 - The day that Emma came home from the hospital we took a nap and then went out to dinner and walmart.

2 - I let her play with balloons when she was under a year old.

3 - I didn't move things off of the coffee table, or out of her reach.  We used it as teaching moments of what she did or didn't need to mess with.

4 - Things new parents often want that we didn't - pack n play, swing, bassinet, and walker.  She would play in the floor, use the swing at daycare, slept in her bed as soon as she came home, and besides the fact of the walker being bad for her muscles she would walk while pushing her toys.

5 - She was in a toddler bed when she turned one, and a regular bed when she was two (no side rails either).

Did you do any of those?  I am not saying that my way of parenting is perfect, but it is perfect for us.

What have you been surprised by regarding your way of parenting?  Have you done something that really shocked others? What would be your top 5?

No comments:

Post a Comment