Thursday, January 22, 2015

"Mommy, Mommy, Mommy"

I love hearing Em say "Mommy", but here lately she has cracked me up with it.  She will say "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy" when I respond "what Emma?" she just smiles "Mommy I love you".  Of course this makes my heart smile, as I respond "Emma I love you too".  She is always telling us that she loves us, and giving us hugs and kisses.  My family is not affectionate, and often will not talk about emotions so I am trying extra hard to show Em that affection and emotions are good things.

I often tell her that I love her more than she will ever know.  How can you tell a 2 year old how she has completely changed your life, how she makes your hardest days better, and how her smile lights up your world?  I know that as she gets older I can tell her more, but I still do not think she will completely understand until she has a child of her own.  I have been around children all of my life, but never imagined how much my life would be changed.

Em loves to look for planes in the sky, and count them.  Before her I never thought about how many planes are in the sky.  She loves to look at the stars at night, so we often linger in the driveway at night as she exclaims "oohh, look at all the stars, they are so pretty".  She has honestly changed everything about my life. On my worst days her smile and giggle take all of the stress away.  She truly makes me realize what is really important in life - living it!  I am not going to lie, I do get caught up with trying to get this or that done, tell her to wait a minute while I finish something around the house.  However, there have been times that I will let something wait because she wants to play blocks.  I try to give her undivided attention because I realize that one day I will be the one begging for her attention.  Too quickly the time will pass, and I do not want to miss this time in her life.

I often wonder what she is learning personality wise.  The other night she was playing with her baby, and told me the baby was crying.  I told her to cuddle the baby so it would feel better.  As she held it she patted its back, rubbed it, and asked it what was wrong.  In a few second she said the baby was better.  She put the baby in the bed and covered her up, as she sang to her and rubbed her back.  Moments like that show me that I am doing a good job.  She didn't yell at the baby to stop crying, she didn't just leave it, instead she picked it up loved on it and made sure it was okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment