Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Snow day

Okay not a full snow day- right now Emma's daycare is on a 2 hr delay. Yesterday when I got home Emma painted snow and snowflakes while I fixed supper. Then after we ate we went outside to play. We didn't get a lot of snow but decided to enjoy what we did have.

After we played in the snow, we came in and fixed hot chocolate. This was the first time Emma had hot chocolate, and I think she enjoyed the colored marshmallows more than the actual hot chocolate.  Before she went to bed we had to open the door so she could tell the snow night night.

So this morning we are on delay. She woke up early but decided to lay back down in mama and daddy's bed.
As I lay here and watch her sleep I realize that she has a lot in common with a snowflake. 1) she was created uniquely by God 2) there is no one else like her 3) she is beautiful 4) she changes my day 5) people's face light up when they see her.

Of course there are funny things snowflakes and Emma have in common as well 1) both can change your plans at the drop of a hat 2) both will have you running to the store for milk 3) both make the journey of getting to your destination an adventure 4) both bring out the little kid in me 5) you rarely know what to expect from either of them. 

I hope everyone is safe this morning, and please take a moment to look at the snow and see what you have in common with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment